Many Types Of Carrie Crochet
Crocheting is now coming back as a great hobby for most women especially those who are just staying at home. There are thousands of different things that can be done with crocheting that hobbyists can make themselves busy with for quite a period of time.
One of the variations of crochet products that can be found even in your famous boutiques is the carrie crochet. It is difficult to define what carrie crochet in particular is. There are online shops and fashion boutiques that have crocheted items named Carrie. There is also a particular web site about Carrie’s crochet products. Nevertheless, they are all good finds and crochet hobbyists may want to take a look at them and check if they can make one for themselves.
Here are some of the carrie crochet items that can be found in the World Wide Web:
- Carrie Crochet Hat. This simple yet stylish hat is hand crocheted using 100% cotton yarn. Its head part is just plain with rainbow pattern on the brim. It covers the head totally which makes it fashionable. It is available in 3 colors – beige, pink and pastel blue. This nice-looking hat can be purchased from Headcovers Unlimited for $19.99.
- Carrie purse. This red and silver, elegant-looking purse is made from the festive fur kind of yarn. This design was created by a Daily Knitter staff and can be seen from their website. This is not for sale though, but instead, a pattern is provided for one to follow.
- Carrie Cotton Crochet for Kids. Little Lids came up with their line spring and summer styles for kids. One of those is this carrie cotton crochet hat that has a snuggle design. This one is totally handmade with a soft, pink, cotton yarn. This flower hat designed with ruffles will surely look lovely in your little lady.
- Fossil’s Carrie Sweater. Fossil has its own version of a carrie crochet in the form of a sweater. This elegantly crocheted piece of fashion clothing has a 6-button opening and a ribbon. It is available in three different colors – bracken, safari, and silver pine green. Sizes available are from extra small to extra large. One can get this from Fossil at $54.
- Guess’ Carrie Crochet Corset. Yet another popular brand in fashionable clothes has its own carrie crochet. This tan-colored corset is handmade with ramie-cotton blend. It has a square neck with floral crochet designs along the top edges. It closes in front with a ribbon lace up tied at the hem. Simple yet elegant looking, this corset is available in three sizes – small, medium and large. The price of this nice piece of clothing is CAD $69.25 from Guess’ online store.
- Carrie’s Crochet Page. This web site showcases Carrie’s crochet projects for sale. There are different hats and shawls available starting at $20. There are pillow cases, mats and rugs in different colors and styles. Men’s and ladies’ sweatshirts are also available that ranges from $45 to $55. Most of the crocheted bed covers are in black and white and usually with diamond patterns. These are surely nice additions to your room and all around the house.
One will surely not be bored in selecting crochet designs because each piece can be different from another. For those who know how to do it, they definitely will not be bored on same projects again and again because there are literally thousands of patterns available from different sources such as the internet or from needle craft books.
Origins of Crochet There are indeed more and more people getting hooked into this hobby. But do you know where this hobby actually started and when?
There are a number of articles released talking about the history of this not-so-easy-to-learn needle craft. But almost all of those do not exactly say when crocheting actually began. It might really be difficult to trace back the roots of this hobby.
However, there are some researches that suggest that crochet must have developed from Chinese needlework and reached Europe in 1700s. But many still believe the possibility of it being started as early as the 1500s.
But no matter when and where crochet started, it is still making its name again in the arts and crafts scene and gaining fame to most people all over the world.
About the Author
Knitting Daily TV Episode 308 w/ Adina Klein
Learn to Crochet in Just One Day: Right-Handed Version (Book 1146)
Think you don’t have the time to learn to crochet? All you need is one day! Learn single crochet, double crochet and more to create pretty patterns. Choose from Country Ripple, Mile-a-Minute Afghan and five more to test your newfound talents. Includes complete instructions and illustrations….
Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans
Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection: 400+ Easy Embroidery Designs
This follow-up to the best-selling Doodle Stitching offers fans expanded and updated basics, 400+ easy embroidery motifs on the page and on a CD sealed in the back of the book, 17 projects, and lots of added inspiration. More than a dozen categories include Alphabet, Asian Chic, Baby, Celebrations, Embellishments, Fruits & Veggies, Space, Trees, Flowers, Winged Wonders, and Woodland Creatures-and …
Digitizing Made Easy: Create Custom Embroidery Designs Like a Pro
Digitizing Made Easy is for every embroidery machine user and commercial machine embroiderer looking to better understand and utilize digitizing software. The author’s time-tested method, demonstrated in 250 step-by-step color photos will help you to better identify the tools of modern digitizing, and the best processes with which to use them. With chapters covering artwork, auto-digitizing, stitc…